More Info


Search by category




Choose a language

Blackie and Son

Founded 1809 in Glasgow by John Blackie (1782 – 1874). Originally in partnership with others and known as Blackie, Fullarton & Co. Renamed Blackie & Son in 1831. Texts, reference books, educational works, classics and childrens books. In 1902 Walter Blackie commissioned his architect friend, Charles Rennie MacIntosh, to design his now famous “Hill House” in Helensburgh

Scottish Achievement, Influence & Heritage is a work in progress