More Info


Search by category




Choose a language

Argyle Motors Ltd

The Hozier Engineering Company was established at Bridgeton Glasgow in 1899 by Alex Govan, and early cars were built there. c.1904 the company, now called Argyle, moved to magnificent new premises in Alexandria. Following Govan’s death in 1907 the company went into decline and was liquidated in 1908. Several attempts were made to re-establish the marque but all met with limited success and the final Agyle was produced c1990.

Scottish Achievement, Influence & Heritage is a work in progress